There are different types of dance forms in the world. We have collected some interesting dance forms you will fall in love with.
Kathak – one of major dance forms
Kathak is one of the major forms of Indian classical dance. It is combination of Katha which means story and kathakar means storyteller. In short, kathak communicates stories through dance, emphasis with Bhakti movements. A kathak performance may include a dozen of classical instruments depending more on effect requirement for a particular performance.
Rumba – Latin dance forms
The term “Rumba” is a synonym of “Party” in Northern Cuba. It’s a sassy, smooth and sensual kind of dance. The move-set is very particular, keeping connection with partner. Most important are toes, which should remain at a slight diagonal for a good hip movement.
Zumba is a dance fitness program. It involves dance and aerobic movements performed on energetic music. There are different types of Zumba classes for different level of age and exertion.
- Gold : program designed for beginners and older people.
- Step : for lower body workout.
- Toning : provides participants with a cardio workout and strength training.
- Aqua Zumba : held in swimming pool.
- Zumba in the circuit : combines dance with the circuit training, feature strength exercise.
- Kids : designed for children of age 4 and 12.
- Gold-toning : Toning class for older participants.
- Sentao : chair workout that focuses on body weight to strengthen the body.
- Fitness : combines high intensity interval training with synced music motivation.
Pasodoble – Spanish dance form
A lively form of dance from Spanish dances. It was incorporated to comedies in 18th century. It is based on the music played at bullfights. Basic movements can be classified in following :
- Beginning Bronze : Contains basic steps like sur place, forward and backward movement, chasses to right and left and drag.
- Intermediate Bronze : Contains some actions in dance like attacking, promenade, Ecarting and Separation.
- Full Bronze : Holds separation with fallaway ending, Huit, sixteen, Grand circle and open telemark.
- Silver : Holds steps like La Passe, Twist turn, Fallaway reverse turn, Spanish lines, Coup de Pique, Flamenco taps, left foot variation.
- Gold : Syncopated separation, Twists, chasse capes, Travelling spins from Promenado position and counter Promenado position, Farol.
Ballet is a type of performance dance originated in Italian Renaissance Court. It is choreographed and performed by trained artists. Romantic, Classical, Neoclassical, Contemporary are different styles of ballet. This form may tell story, express a mood or just reflect a mood of music. Dancers must be able to float through the air in in ways that seem to defy gravity or spin on the tips of their toes. This requires flexibility , body control and great deal of training.